Opening in a responsible manner
The safety of our guests and employees is always our top priority, both at Kolmården and Vildmarkshotellet. When we open, we will do so in a safe and careful way, and we will adapt our entire operations to the government's and the Public Health Agency's prevailing guidelines and recommendations. A day at Kolmården should be a safe, fun and memorable experience for all our visitors.
What is a responsible opening?
We plan to open the park in a careful manner and responsible manner. This means that our activities follow the recommendations from the Swedish Public Health Agency. Read more below.
What do the changes in restrictions that will be introduced on 15 July mean for us?
In general, the easing of restrictions will mean that we no longer need to place our guests at a distance of 1 meter in our attractions, which will hopefully create slightly better flow around our park. Even when the square meter restriction disappears, we still have a responsibility to ensure that there is no congestion. Therefore, the park will remain at approximately the same maximum capacity of number of guests as before. But if we note that the flow of guests in the park is manageable, we may open up to a few more guests gradually.
- The latest recommendations from the Public Health Agency of Sweden will be communicated clearly in the park.
- We overlook and revise our guidelines and safety measures regularly.
- Cashless payment is adopted in the entire park.
CROWDS AND QUEUES
- We only allow a limited number of guests at the same time in order to to ensure physical distancing in the park.
- All guests must pre-book their visit online. When you book your visit, you also get a specific arrival time. In doing so we prevent queues at the entrance and control the flow of guests during the day.
- If possible, digital queues will be available at selected rides and restaurants.
- Where digital solutions are not possible we apply standard physical distancing guidelines for queuing.
- We will also have crowd regulating hosts in the park to remind guest to keep their distance.
- Increased and improved cleaning procedures in bathrooms and public spaces.
- Guests will be able to wash their hands and use hand sanitizers throughout the entire park.
- Continued education of the parks employees about hygiene, social distancing and other safety measures.
ATTRACTIONS (IF OPEN)
- Regular disinfection of lap bars, restraints, seats and other exposed surfaces.
- If possible, digital queues are available at selected rides.
- We apply standard physical distancing guidelines for queuing.
- New routines are introduced to prevent crowding on the ride platform.
ANIMALS AND ANIMAL DISPLAYS
- The entire zoo is open with more than 60 species on an outdoor area as large as approximately 214 football fields (150 hectares).
- The dolphinarium is open and the show Hope is performed, but only with pre-booked tickets to avoid congestion
- Animal displays are carried out if possible with regards to current guidelines.
- The animal stables are kept closed (to minimize crowds in indoor areas).
At Vildmarkshotellet, we have introduced the following safety regulations:
- Limited number of bookable rooms.
- Distance markers on the floor when there are queues.
- Cleaning routines have been extended.
- Greater distance between tables in the restaurants.
- All spa treatments are currently canceled.
- Only 5 people can be in the gym at the same time and it is possible to clean hands, machines and weights in the gym.
- The WHO has found that the coronavirus does not survive the amount of chlorine we have in our pools. Therefore, our interpretation is that is it primarily crowding in bathhouses and changing rooms that the Public Health Agency wants to limit. The bath will therefore be open to guests, but we have introduced bookable times so that there will only be a limited number of guests in the bath at a time. We have also closed our changing rooms, so that guests instead change and shower in their hotel rooms.
- In our whirlpools you can only bathe in the company of other family members (or alone of course).
- Digital queuing system for orders in the restaurant bar.
Pre-book your visit
For everyone's safety and security, we have a maximum number of visitors per day. To ensure this, you will now need to pre-book which day you want to visit us. When you buy tickets on the website you will now be able to choose which date you want to visit us.
Pre-booking your entrance ticket
Tickets will only be available for purchase online, and not on site in the park, and when you buy your ticket, you will also book a date and time to visit us. You can buy tickets here.
Pre-booking with Wild Card
If you have an annual pass and want to visit the park, you must also book a place in advance, but this is of course completely free of charge. To book your visit, you must first register your card. Everyone who has registered their annual card will receive an email with instructions on how to book your visit.
Which precautionary measures have Kolmården taken in regard to its employees?
We follow the latest directions from the Public Health Agency of Sweden. All of our employees stay home from work if they show any symptoms of disease, even mild ones. They must also be symptom free for two days before returning to work.